Being part of our community
CentrePort is a proud member of the Wellington region and community.
Community is one of the core pillars for how CentrePort does things, and the port engages and supports a range of organisations and events within the Wellington region.
Sustainable Coastlines is doing a nationwide monitoring programme and the Kaiwharawhara Estuary is included.
The CentrePort team is proud to be working with the Sanctuary to Sea programme, which is usually community led.
Four times a year there is a clean-up and a monitoring exercise. Team members from CentrePort are proud to be involved in the clean-up within the local area.
In FY20 we were proud to support a range of events/organisations, including:
- Sustainable Coastlines.
- The Royal Port Nicholson Yacht Club’s CentrePort International Youth Match Racing Championship.
- The ExportNZ ASB Wellington Export Awards’ ‘Best Large/Medium Business’ award.
- The Whanganui Chamber of Commerce Regional Business Awards, in the Manufacturing and Logistics category.
- The Hikitea historic floating crane restoration project.
- The Child Cancer Foundation.
- Wellington Regional Children’s Hospital (through a partnership with Recycling for Charity).
- Wellington City Mission.
- Te Kakano O Te Aroha Marae.
- The Hearing House.
- Southern Cochlear Implant Programme.